Hawk Lake Log Chute
How You Can Still Help
The restoration of the Hawk Lake Log Chute took 6 years of grant-writing, fund raising, research, planning and patience. Except for a short time during the actual construction, all efforts to undertake this initiative were volunteer.
There is still work to be done on the park, including the planting of native species and a second stage of interpretive signage. This work is being done by the volunteers of the Stanhope Museum in partnership with other local community groups.
If you would like to show your apprciation of the site, there are several ways you can help:
- share your family's logging history;
- donate photos of the area or of the chute;
- make a financial donation
You can make a financial donation in:
- your name or
- in the name of a loved one
You can make a donation with:
- cash - call us at 705-489-2379 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 705-489-2379 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email us at
- a cheque - made payable to the Stanhope Heritage Discovery Museum